When I was needed a reliable and powerful air compressor to run my air tools I have found the Husky 27 Gal, 200psi air compressor Model C271H from The Home Depot. So I decided to buy it. This is a portable vertical electric air compressor that has a lot of great features and benefits. It has a high performance, oil free pump that delivers 200 max PSI and 5.1 SCFM at 90 PSI. This compressor has a low noise level of 80 dBA, which is quieter than most air compressors. It has a high efficiency motor that allows for easy cold weather start and extension cord application.
Husky C271H Model has a large 27 gallon tank that provides 2x longer air tool run time than typical 26 gallon compressors. It has 9 inch wheels for easy mobility and storage. It is perfect for all inflation, finish nailing/stapling, hobby painting, bolting/fastening and medium duty framing/roofing and surface prep. In this review, I will share with you my experience with this air compressor, and tell you what I like and don’t like about it. I will also give you some tips and advice on how to use it and maintain it. I hope you find this review helpful and informative. Let’s get started!
Performance: Exploring the Power of the Husky C271H
One of the most important aspects of any air compressor is its performance. How well does it deliver air to your tools and how fast does it recover after use? And how loud is it and how much does it vibrate? How durable and easy to maintain is it? These are some of the questions that I will try to answer in this section.
Air delivery and recovery time
The Husky 27 Gal, 200psi air compressor has a high performance, oil free pump that delivers 200 max PSI and 5.1 SCFM at 90 PSI. This means that it can power most of the air tools that I use in my garage, such as nailers, staplers, paint sprayers, impact wrenches, and so on. It also means that it can provide longer run times for my tools, as it has a large 27 gallon tank that holds more compressed air than typical 26 gallon compressors. According to the manual, it takes about 10 minutes to fill up the tank from empty to full, which is not too bad considering the size and capacity of the tank.
However, I noticed that it takes longer to recover after use, especially when I use high demand tools like impact wrenches or paint sprayers. It can take up to 20 minutes to refill the tank from 150 PSI to 200 PSI, which is quite slow compared to other compressors that I have used before. This can be annoying if you are working on a large or time-sensitive project, as you may have to wait for the compressor to catch up with your air demand. I wish it had a faster recovery time, as that would make it more efficient and convenient.
Noise level and vibration: A Whisper-quiet Powerhouse
Another important aspect of any air compressor is its noise level and vibration. Nobody likes a loud and shaky compressor that disturbs the peace and comfort of your work environment. The Husky 27 Gal, 200psi air compressor has a low noise level of 80 dBA, which is quieter than most air compressors in the market. It is also quieter than my old Craftsman compressor, which was very loud and annoying. I can work with this compressor without wearing ear protection or bothering my neighbors too much. It also has a low vibration level, as it has rubber feet that dampen the movement and noise of the motor and pump. It does not shake or rattle when it runs, which is good for its stability and durability.
Durability and maintenance of the Husky C271H
The Husky 27 Gal, 200psi air compressor is designed to be durable and easy to maintain. This compressor has a high efficiency motor that allows for easy cold weather start and extension cord application. Husky 27 Gal air compressor can start in temperatures as low as -20°F (-29°C), which is great for winter conditions. It can also run on up to 400 ft. of extension cord, which gives you more flexibility and mobility in your work area.
Husky C271H has an oil free pump that does not require any lubrication or oil changes, which saves you time and money on maintenance. This air compressor also has a high flow regulator that ensures maximum air flow to your tools for peak performance. The only maintenance that you need to do on this compressor is to drain the tank regularly to prevent moisture buildup and rusting, and to clean the air filter occasionally to prevent dust and debris from clogging the pump. These are simple tasks that you can do yourself without any hassle or difficulty.
Portability Redefined: Taking the Husky C271H Anywhere
Another aspect of any air compressor that matters to me is its portability. How easy or hard is it to move and store the air compressor in my garage or elsewhere? Does it big and heavy ? How well does it roll and handle? How long can I run it on an extension cord? These are some of the questions that I will try to answer in this section.
Size and weight: Compact Design, Heavy-duty Performance
The Husky 27 Gal, 200psi air compressor is a portable vertical electric air compressor that has a compact and space-saving design. It measures 20.5 in. D x 21 in. W x 49 in. H, which is not too big for my garage. It weighs 101 lbs, which is not too heavy for me to lift and carry. However, it is still heavier than some other portable compressors that I have seen, such as the Dewalt 27 Gal, 200psi air compressor, which weighs only 95 lbs. I wish it was a bit lighter, as that would make it easier to transport and maneuver.
Explore the Husky 30 Gal. 175 PSI Vertical Electric Air Compressor, C304H – a similar model but with even greater power and capability. Find out more about its enhanced features and performance.
Wheels and handles
The Husky 27 Gal, 200psi air compressor has 9 inch wheels for easy mobility and storage. The wheels are made of solid rubber and have ball bearings for smooth rolling. They can handle different terrains and surfaces, such as concrete, gravel, grass, and so on. The compressor also has a sturdy metal handle that allows me to pull and push it around with ease. The handle has a comfortable grip and a convenient cord wrap for storing the power cord. The handle can also be folded down when not in use, which reduces the height of the compressor and makes it more compact for storage.
Extension cord capability
The Husky 27 Gal, 200psi air compressor has a high efficiency motor that allows for easy cold weather start and extension cord application. It can run on up to 400 ft. of extension cord, which gives me more flexibility and mobility in my work area. I can plug it into any standard 120V outlet and use it with various lengths of extension cords without losing power or performance. This is great for working in different locations or situations where power outlets are not readily available or convenient.
However, I still have to make sure that I use the right gauge and type of extension cord for safety and efficiency reasons. According to the manual, I should use a minimum of 12 gauge extension cord for up to 100 ft., a minimum of 10 gauge extension cord for up to 200 ft., and a minimum of 8 gauge extension cord for up to 400 ft. I should also avoid using multiple extension cords or adapters, as they can cause voltage drop or overheating.
|Tank Capacity||27 gal|
|Type||Industrial, Portable, Oilless|
|Horse Power||1.7 HP|
|Air Delivery||6.8 CFM at 40psi, 5.1 CFM at 90psi|
|Noise Level||80 dBA|
|Stage Count||Single Stage|
|Air Tank||Steel, Vertical|
|Warranty||2 Year Limited|
Husky 27 Gallon Air Compressor Application Options
I spend a lot of time in my garage, working on various projects and tasks. I need a reliable and powerful air compressor that can handle different tools and situations. That’s why I chose the Husky 27 Gal, 200psi air compressor Model C271H. This beast can do it all, and here are some of the applications that I use it for:
- Suitable tasks and tools: This air compressor can run any pneumatic tool that I have, from nailers and staplers to impact wrenches and ratchets. It has a high performance pump and motor that delivers higher PSI and SCFM than most 26 Gal compressors. It also has a high flow regulator that ensures maximum air flow to my tools for peak performance. I can use it for all kinds of inflation, finish nailing/stapling, hobby painting, bolting/fastening and medium duty framing/roofing.
- Spray painting feature: One of the things that I love about this air compressor is that it has an oil free pump that allows for spray painting without the need for oil separators in the air system. This means that I can get a smooth and clean finish on my projects without worrying about oil contamination or maintenance. I can use it with any spray gun or paint sprayer that I have, and it gives me enough pressure and volume to cover large areas quickly and evenly.
- Cold start capability: Another great feature of this air compressor is that it has a high efficiency motor that allows for easier cold weather start as low as -20°F (-29°C). This is very handy for me, because I live in a cold climate and sometimes I need to work in my garage when it’s freezing outside. I don’t have to wait for the compressor to warm up or struggle with extension cords. It starts right up and runs smoothly even in the coldest days.
These are some of the applications that I use my Husky 27 Gal, 200psi air compressor Model C271H for. It’s a versatile and powerful machine that can handle any task that I throw at it.
Pros and Cons: Examining the Strengths and Limitations
Like any product, the Husky 27 Gal, 200psi air compressor Model C271H has its pros and cons. Here are some of the things that I like and dislike about it:
Pros of the Husky C271H
- It has a high max pressure of 200 PSI, which means that it can run longer and power more tools than most 26 Gal compressors. It also has a high air delivery of 6.8 SCFM at 40 PSI and 5.1 SCFM at 90 PSI, which means that it can operate multiple tools at once without losing performance3.
- It has an oil free pump, which means that it doesn’t require any oil maintenance or separators for spray painting. It also runs quieter than most oil-lubricated compressors, with a noise level of 80 dBA.
- It has a cold start capability, which means that it can start easily even in low temperatures as low as -20°F (-29°C). It also has a high efficiency motor that can run on long extension cords up to 400 ft.
- It has a vertical design, which means that it takes up less space in my garage than a horizontal compressor. It also has 9 in. wheels that make it easy to move around.
- It comes with a 2 year limited warranty, which gives me some peace of mind in case something goes wrong.
Cons of the Husky C271H
- It’s quite heavy, weighing about 100 lbs. This makes it hard to lift or carry by myself, especially up or down stairs.
- It’s quite expensive, costing about $500. This is more than some other comparable compressors on the market, such as the Porter-Cable C2002-WK or the Dewalt DWFP55126.
- It takes a long time to fill up, about 10 minutes from empty to full. This can be annoying if I need to use it right away or if I have to wait for it to cycle on and off.
- It doesn’t come with any accessories, such as hoses, couplers, or fittings. I had to buy them separately, which added to the cost and hassle.
These are some of the pros and cons that I found with the Husky 27 Gal, 200psi air compressor Model C271H. Overall, I think it’s a great compressor for my garage needs, but it may not be for everyone. You have to weigh the benefits and drawbacks for yourself and decide if it’s worth it for you.
Conclusion: Recommendations and ratings.
To sum up, the Husky 27 Gal, 200psi air compressor Model C271H is a powerful and versatile machine that can handle a variety of tasks and tools in my garage. It has some great features, such as high pressure and volume, oil free pump, cold start capability, and vertical design. It also has some drawbacks, such as weight, price, fill-up time, and lack of accessories. I think it’s a good choice for anyone who needs a reliable and durable air compressor for their garage projects, but it may not suit everyone’s budget or preferences.
I would give this air compressor a rating of 4 out of 5 stars. It’s not perfect, but it’s pretty close. It does everything that I need it to do, and it does it well. It’s one of the best tools that I have in my garage, and I don’t regret buying it. If you’re looking for a high quality air compressor that can handle almost anything, you should definitely check out the Husky 27 Gal, 200psi air compressor Model C271H. You won’t be disappointed.